The Systemic Justice Project is hosting a zoom webinar series on “Systemic Lawyering in Times of Crisis” on Tuesdays from 12-1pm EST.
Click here to join the webinar: https://harvard.zoom.us/j/770662864.
The webinars are free and open to the public. See below for more information – this post will be updated with details of the ongoing panels.
The series features systemically-oriented justice-seeking lawyers and activists in fields most affected by our latest crisis: housing, immigration, disability, employment, consumer/credit, incarceration, voting rights, climate, health care, and more.
Each session will examine the special challenges posed by the crisis, the revised priorities and strategies being adopted, and the new collaborations being forged. We will consider the pressing needs, the new opportunities, and the more general lessons for lawyers, law students, and others committed to promoting systemic change.
This panelists for this week’s session, Tuesday April 14, 2020 at 12pm EST, include:
- Lam Ho: Executive Director and Founder at Beyond Legal Aid
- Phil Torrey: Managing Attorney of the Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinical Program, Director of Crimmigration Clinic
- Becky Wolozin: Attorney with Immigrant Advocacy Program at the Legal Aid Justice Center.
Please click the following link to join the webinar via Zoom: https://harvard.zoom.us/j/770662864
Or iPhone one-tap : US: +13126266799,,770662864# or +19294362866,,770662864#
Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 436 2866 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 770 662 864
International numbers available: https://harvard.zoom.us/u/acFjErFsZx
Wednesday April 8 – special session on decarceration – (video available soon):
- Alec Karakatsanis: Founder & Executive Director, Civil Rights Corp
- David Lewis: Chief, Integrity Review Bureau at the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office
- John Mathews II: Senior Legal Counsel at The Justice Collaborative
- Katy Naples-Mitchell: Legal Fellow, Charles Hamilton Houston Center for Race & Justice at Harvard Law School
- Oren Nimni: Staff Attorney, Lawyers for Civil Rights
Tuesday April 7 (video available here):
- Esme Caramello: Clinical Professor of Law and Faculty Director of Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, Harvard Law School
- Joey Longley: Equal Justice Works Fellow at ACLU National Prison Project
- Derecka Purnell: Social movement lawyer, writer, and activist who works to sustain social movements
Tuesday March 31 (video available here):
- Sabi Ardalan: Clinical Professor of Law and Director of the Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinic, Harvard Law School
- Matthew Duffy: Justice Catalyst Legal Fellow, Voting Rights & Democracy at Center for Popular Democracy
- Jane Flanagan: Leadership in Government Fellow, Open Society Foundations and Visiting Scholar, IIT Chicago-Kent School of Law
- Andrea Sáenz: Supervising Attorney, Immigration Practice, Brooklyn Defender Services